06/25/2016 Book Awards UPDATE (See BOOKS/PREYING MANTIS)
PREYING MANTIS has won eight US awards for excellence (2015 & 2016)
The awards & links are listed below.
- 2015 New Apple Book Award: ROMANCE CATEGORY http://newappleliterary.com/2015ebookCat17.html
- 2015 Great Midwest Book Festival: FICTION CATEGORY http://www.greatmidwestbookfestival.com/
- 2015 US Book News: AFRICAN-AMERICAN FICTION http://www.usabooknews.com/fictionbooks/africanamerican.html
- 2016 Los Angeles Book Festival, ROMANCE http://www.losangelesbookfestival.com/
- 2016 Pacific Rim Book Festival, GENERAL FICTION http://www.pacificrimbookfestival.com/
- 2016 Paris Book Festival, GENERAL FICTION http://www.parisbookfestival.com/winners2016.html
- 2016 New York Book Festival, GENERAL FICTION http://www.newyorkbookfestival.com/
- 2016 San Francisco Book Festival, GENERAL FICTION http://www.sanfranciscobookfestival.com/winners_2016.htm
11/01/2015: CAUTION REGARDING DELICATE TOPICS AHEAD
Nov-2015 CAVEAT: DELICATE TOPICS NOW ON “IGBO FORUM/IGBO CUSTOMS”
READER’S DISCRETION IS ADVISED!
My current post, for December 2015 (See IGBO FORUM/Igbo Customs), like the last one (for November ), addresses a rather controversial topic. The topics are controversial because they are delicate. The current topic explores the concept of approved extra-marital sexual practices among Igbo families of old –a topic most Igbos would rather not countenance today.
But, whether popular or not, they are part of our heritage and skipping them would be like trying to sanitize US history by omitting any mention of slavery!